Follow is on Facebook

Hunstanworth Walks

 

Cycling around Hunstanworth

Hunstanworth

The village was designed and built around the original 1781 parish church. The Reverend Daniel Capper commissioned architect Samuel Sanders Teulon to create the village in the 1860s, and Teulon delivered a vicarage and stable block, school and school-house and a mix of terraced, semi-detached and detached houses, all constructed of sandstone. Hunstanworth is one of the Thankful Villages that suffered no fatalities during the Great War of 1914-1918. Today it consists of one row of houses.

Places to Stay

Heath Cottages, Hunstanworth - Trish Chapman

Places to Eat

The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland
The White Monk Blanchland
The Punch Bowl, Edmundbyers
Redwell Hall Farm Cafe, Edmundbyers

Places to Visit