We are The Weardale Visitor Network
--- Building Tourism in Weardale ---
Join our team.
Who are we?
The Weardale Visitors Network is a partnership of businesses, both large and small, who have a passion and commitment for developing the tourism trade and visitor experience within Weardale. Established in 2004 we aim to work collaboratively to promote and market the area as a sustainable tourist destination. Together we can do more than we could alone.
What do we do?
Members meet monthly in a variety of locations within Weardale to:---
a) Network with each other and share experiences and information.
b) Provide a voice which represents the interests of Weardale Tourism Businesses with decision makers.
c) Deliver practical tourism projects for the benefit of all members and the wider visitor economy.
d) Listen to guest speakers from tourism related businesses,--- learn from / quiz / influence them.
e) Ensure our exceptional visitor offer is recognised by those with marketing budgets to spend.
f) Promote high standards and best practice to enhance the Weardale Visitor`s experience.
g) Lobby for and support any Partnership initiatives to raise the profile and visibility of Weardale.
h) Work with our neighbours at Teesdale Marketing and Allen Valleys Tourism.
Benefits of joining
1) FREE, comprehensive entry(ies) for your business on the website www.discoverweardale.com
2) Networking with other visitor facing businesses both large and small.
3) Share experiences and problems and find solutions.
4) Opportunity to make your voice heard, lobby with a common purpose.
5) Learn from guest speaker professionals about new business opportunities.
6) Combine with like-minded people to undertake projects that make a difference.
Recent projects include;
a bedroom browser distributed to over 200 bedrooms in Weardale
a comprehensive visitor website for Weardale www.discoverweardale.com;
a Facebook page for WVN
a Facebook Forum for members to express their views
a Visitor Map of Weardale;
a double page advertisement in Visit Durham Pocket Guide.
Who can join?
Any business with an interest in developing the volume of visitors to Weardale and improving their visitor experience. We adopt a very flexible approach to geographic boundaries and welcome members from a wide range of businesses including accommodation, attractions, activities, retail and other support businesses.
How do I join?
1. Download and fill in the Membership Application Form and post to the Treasurer (address on the form) together with a cheque for the membership fee of £pound;30 and/or:
2. Come to one of our meetings (for the schedule, click HERE) and see what we are REALLY like.
Just let us know you are coming.
Telephone our Secretary Jill Richardson on 01388 762473